View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 06:45 AM   #7
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
TiF's just higher quality. And you want to be doing the OCR on the highest resolutiion scan you can get.

What I do is take all those TIF files then create a PDF with Adobe Acrobat (not just the reader software, the real program). After that I might OCR it with Adobe's internal one, or use the one that comes with the OpticBook....

But I keep the TIF files around until I'm completely finished with the process of converting - ideally, where you want to be is something that is pretty open like a Word or HTML type file.

When it's all done, then I delete them. BUt there's no point in converting them to jpeg's at all.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote