View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #7
Belfaborac
Wizard
Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Belfaborac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
I think that in a discussion forum, if you like a post enough to want to everyone to know, that you can post a "Yes, I agree."

The best way to get more views on a topic (or a particularly good post) is to bump it up with comments. I think a "like" button could potentially make topics static and the overall forum less dynamic.
I absolutely second this! Buttons for like, dislike and whatnot else will only lead to less actual discussion, which I assume is what the forum is for. If you agree with what someone has said and want to lend support, put it in writing along with the reason why. If you dislike it, write that and say why.

That's what forums are for, not button-clicking and karma-hoarding.
Belfaborac is offline   Reply With Quote