Thread: Pocket Pro USB
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Pocket Pro USB

I got my brand new (and my first ebook reader) Blue PP and I am having problems using the USB cable with Windows XPpro on 2 computers.
I flashed the 09/10/2009 update, which went well since I placed the bin file via a SD card slot on my desktop system.
When I plug the USB cable in, the PP charges as expected and a message comes up asking if I want to connect.
I press OK (really the "menu" button.) and the display indicates it is in PC mode.
XP bongs and then a message comes up saying "Linux gadget has caused a USB fault" or "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned".

I then moved the USB cable to a machine running Ubuntu Linux and I connected to the SD card via the USB cable and edited the file names.

I move back to a Windows and the error is now solidly "Malfunction" while I write this message.
Is this a known problem or do I have a hardware failure?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote