View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 05:02 PM   #14
ChriChri
ChriChri will become famous soon enoughChriChri will become famous soon enoughChriChri will become famous soon enoughChriChri will become famous soon enoughChriChri will become famous soon enoughChriChri will become famous soon enough

Device: pb740-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezdiy View Post
There are multiple issues with old sunxi-tools tutorials because the eGON format (version 4.0) has changed. The sunxi-package stuff is parsed by allwinner's modified uboot in lieu of its own classic dtb.

That makes going through that route a bit awkward. I've managed to fire this "native" uboot up by just burning it to memory via fel write/exec (turns out you don't need egon SPL on newer allwinners, as by the time you get to fel, DRAM is already configured, no more 32k sram limit).

Most crucially, it's possible to fire swupdate binary this way (and debrick your device if you seriously hose mmc0).
Yes, I already saw that sunxi-tool cannot parse the eGON 4.0. Thanks for the information about the idea behind the sunxi-package - I guess the parsing is not contained in u-boot mainlaine. I think I found the dtb inside the sunxi-package.

The fact that a lot of the stuff in sunxi-wiki about getting the information for a device page is not correct anymore made me think a good start to get support by the sunxi community would be to ask the questions about the missing parts of a new device page - at least it would be an attempt following the expected path of getting hold of a new device.

Could you provide your command lines to start uboot via fel/usb? Also the commands to run swupdate and - if you already know how to use it - how to use it would be great.

I'd like to try it on my testing board once I get around to it again.
ChriChri is offline   Reply With Quote