View Single Post
Old 11-08-2019, 06:05 AM   #3
ChriChri
ChriChri will become famous soon enoughChriChri will become famous soon enoughChriChri will become famous soon enoughChriChri will become famous soon enoughChriChri will become famous soon enoughChriChri will become famous soon enough

Device: pb740-2
Got interested in the internals of my Inkpad Pro 3, because reading the license I was presented with accepting data to be transmitted and be used in any way to the like of Pocketbook or just switch of the device. In the light of gdpr I found this quiet disturbing and complained and got no really satisfying answer. So I'm looking forward to understand the data collection mechanisms in my Inkpad to be able to complain officially based on evidence.

Just ordered a Pocketbook Inkpad 3 with broken screen to look at the hardware.

I already looked around some in the system by unpacking the firmware update and trying to reconstruct the filesystem from the contained archives. I guess I found everything beside the uboot binary so far.

There is a very helpful wiki about Allwinner SOCs here: https://linux-sunxi.org/Main_Page .

They already have a device page for one of the Pocketbook devices and I'd like to see the device page for the Inkpad 3 filled sometimes.

My idea so far is (since I don't want to break open my Inkpad 3 Pro and loose the waterproof feature by doing so) to boot the device from USB, mount the filesystem containing /etc/sudoers, edit it to be able to become root in a e.g. telnet session.
ChriChri is offline   Reply With Quote