View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 05:32 PM   #13
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthConboy View Post
I certianly agree with many of the above comments. The pictured device is, as advertised, a prototype. From a firmware/software perspective it might be close to what we could consider a "real product." But, from a mechanical design perspective it's not there -- the button placement is not viable, page turning is non-obvious, no touch input, et al.
GOOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthConboy View Post
So, while potentially interesting -- allowing us to experiment with new platforms and technologies and demonstrate some of our forthcoming standards work (http://www.ebooktechnologies.com/press_2007050901.htm) -- it's not a product!
Now get out there and start shipping a device like the one I really want. All the yummy handheld goodness of the mechanical design of the REB1100/1150, but with the readability of the eInk displays. By the way, touch input matters far FAR less to me than the two above attributes.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote