View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 04:16 AM   #12
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8or View Post
Out of curiosity, what are some examples of categories that aren't already included? I looked at the current list and came up blank. I'm wondering what could eventually replace Classics.
Potential other categories include, but are not limited to (I think all of these have been mentioned in the discussions at some point or another):
  • Award-Winners
  • Young Adult
  • Biography (splitting "nonfic" into two categories)
  • Classics-by-age and Classics-by-popularity, or other split of the Classics category
  • War/Military (fiction and non)
  • Free ebooks (guaranteeing that everyone has access that month)
  • Historical Fiction
  • Literary Fiction (we'd have to define it...)

I can think of several ways to split nonfiction into multiple categories; none of them have simple, neat labels. Maybe someone else could come up with that.

Categories that haven't been suggested, even in passing, include Sports, Religion, Erotica, Travel, Poetry, Anthologies, GLBT, and Cooking. (I think. I could be misremembering, or of course something could've been mentioned on a thread I wasn't watching.)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote