View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 01:22 PM   #4
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftOne
(1) My wife doesn't like to read at length off of computer screens. I'm hoping the eink will take care of that (she's willing to give it a shot), but I've never actually seen it in person. Will this help her?
Totally! It's a very different experience... take a piece of paper, put it into on of those plastic sleeves, and you have an e-ink screen, just slightly greyer, white is light grey, black is (very) dark grey (more light=better contrast).

Quote:
(2) On my wishlist is a text search capability. It seems I'm out of luck without going the PDA route (which leaves behind the Eink option), but I wanted to make sure of that.
The iLiad is getting better at this, it can now search for files, but not inside files (yet).

Quote:
(3) One area of interest is Letter-sized PDFs. (We're RPGers, and a lot of the Indie and newer products are available as non-DRMed PDFs) I've heard the current generation of readers handles these poorly...can anyone elaborate? Do you have to scroll? Is it shrunk so you have to zoom? Do they just not work?
I'm currently reading some networking manuals, A4 (aprox. letter) pdf's, and putting them in landscape and zooming in on half the page (and then just clicking on down, half a page at a time), works fine.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote