View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 11:45 PM   #12
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
something similar happened to me, my Canon SLR fell into a pool when I was in Turkey to photograph a total eclipse in 2006. Two nights before the big day, we were taking pictures of the amazing skyline in Istambul at night. To make a long story short, it was dark and I wasn't looking... I said my camera fellin to a pool, which is true, except that I fell into the pool too! I was trying to find a good spot (I was in the roof of the hotel with five other photographers), and well, I forgot there was a pool in the roof and I fell into it.
I had my camera on my hand and a bag with a hard drive, my PDA, my wallet and the kitchen sink.
In the midst of panic I was advised to take the battery off and wait until the next morning to try it again. Which I did. A friend kept telling me: if it was off, you won't have any problem... but if it was on, you'll have to buy another camera.
I guess it was off because the next morning it was working like nothing had happened. So my advise is: let it dry, let it dry, let it dry. And take the battery off!!!
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote