View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by augustjen View Post
Thanks for your advice Susan - but how do I know that a refurb is not going to turn out a dummy, Amazon can only vouch for it for 3 months. A new Kindle touch is $14 more, like for like is just $63 extra with a 12 month warranty. Maybe it's all about being lucky.

It has come as a bit of shock at how short an ereader's life is, not least finding out how much I am missing my Kindle!

Thank you all for answering, must admit you've restored my faith.
Get a new Kindle. I have the K4 ($79) and love it. I got it on sale at Walmart for $49 (Apr 12). It's now my primary reader and my K3 (Apr 11) is now doing backup duty.

A new Kindle means a one year warranty and many credit cards will double your warranty up to one additional year. Both of my Kindles have two year warranties at no additional cost to me.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote