View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #34509
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
I love the juxtaposition of modern skyscraper and traditional pagoda. Great pics.
In this case they are separated by a wide moat, but it's VERY common to see them side by side when walking down the street. 50 story office building 3 meters away from an ancient temple, then another sky scraper on the other side. You see this in every city and town in Japan. Frankly, it's SO common that I haven't even taken any photos of it! This is something that I walk past every day and no longer even notice. I just went through all my Japan photos and didn't find a single one! The closest I came was this shot of a temple complex in a residential neighborhood! I guess I need to pay more attention to my everyday surroundings!

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KyotoComplex.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	267.2 KB
ID:	92394  
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote