Thread: Tablet Question
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #11
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Samsung Galaxy Tab.

Full Android Market and you will get a hardware that has been optimized and designed to work "as is" out of the box. No rooting or hack needed. With certain carriers you don't even have to get a contract or data plan. I have mine from Tmobile without a contract.

I do have on my GT: Kindle, Kobo, Sony, Nook, Google plus Aldiko. Even though you can covert formats, remove DRM, etc, with a tablet you read on native format and save time. You just open the Android app and start reading, that's it.

Nook Color needs to rooted in order to download apps from market and such action will void warranty. Even if you root it, you will get Android 2.1 only. Galaxy Tab runs Froyo (2.2) and out of the box.

By the way, most of those Android applications, like Kindle, has been recently optimized for Galaxy Tab bigger screen!

Last edited by jocampo; 02-08-2011 at 08:41 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote