View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
sgirsberger
Enthusiast
sgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheesesgirsberger can extract oil from cheese

Device: iPhone, NOOK Color, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire HD
Ordered lists on the NOOK Color and Kindle

I am slowly converting a book I laid out in InDesign into an EPUB that echoes the logic (not rigidly the visual presentation) of the print version.

Most of it has gone smoothly, because I test and fix at different stages, and have tagged the hell out of everything from the beginning. I view the test files on an original iPad, a NOOK Color, and an iPhone. I have the Kindle Previewer.app that I use when converting to .MOBI.

However, there is one specific problem I’m having when viewing the book on a NOOK Color and in the Kindle.app. It's a problem with ordered lists. In this book, there are some outline-style lists, with levels 1. and a. When I edit the EPUB in Sigil to maintain the <ol type="1"> and <ol type="a"> of these lists, they display properly on the iPad and the iPhone. But on the NOOK Color and in the Kindle.app, both lists are still showing up ordered as 1., with the a. level indented properly, styled properly, but not ordered a.

The sample nooklists.JPG.png is the way the page looks on the NOOK Color (incorrect).

The sample ipadlists.JPG.png is the way the page looks on the iPad (correct).

Does anyone have any advice about this? This is really the single thing I'm having problems with now, and it seems illogical that it isn't functioning!

Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nooklists.JPG.png
Views:	353
Size:	558.4 KB
ID:	76386   Click image for larger version

Name:	ipadlists.JPG.png
Views:	371
Size:	527.3 KB
ID:	76387  
sgirsberger is offline   Reply With Quote