View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #246
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I only made the list.
If you want to edit it, to allow some services and deny others - your on your own there.

Have you investigated the network communications on your machine yet?

Is what you consider nice-to-have features something common to the entire group of users?
Please list the "universal" nice-to-have features, maybe I can add notes to the general list.
I see the list as to deny any communication. Two things, but only if you know them, would be nice to know about which ip ranges. So they can be optionally enabled - access to the cloud for purchased and uploaded content, and then buying books from the Kindle itself. Those I believe would be most useful to have enabled even if privacy is a concern.

Now I don't know about anybody else, but me personally would think that it is a bit paranoid to worry too much what information Amazon is collecting. I am afraid to ask google what information about me they have, most of it against my will or knowledge. I will still keep using google to search on the internet.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote