Thread: Avoid Kindles
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 01:45 AM   #2
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by robynmau View Post
Hi All

I can't believe it - my Kindle 3 is just 15 months old and is 'dead' I've spoken to Amazon help - out of warranty so no replacement.

When I started getting problems I checked the forum out for advice and followed the instructions provided [a to those in the know], but it didn't solve the issues, so I resorted to calling Amazon.

Amazon assured me I haven't done anything to cause the problem. My Kindle just keeps freezing, then when it reboots it goes to the Main screen, doesn't remember which book or where I was at the time it froze. It seems freezing is a 'regular' problem with Kindles, so I will not be recomending them to anyone who will listen.

Kindle help actually expect me to 'buy' another one - just not gonna happen as I don't have the money to replace it - especially since I might have to replace it again in just over 12 months time. I suppose I'll have to buy a cheap & nasty then when it dies I can't complain, eh

So there, I've had my rant. I feel a little better that I have warned any potential buyers..

Regards
I feel your pain. This kind of thing happens to all sorts of equipment. Most of us have had nothing but success with Kindles. You unfortunately were different. Next time add 4Square warranty to give you more confidence.

Personally I just bought a used and I mean very used Droid phone which I am using for a small tablet. It is at least 3 years old, 3 generations old. The paint is worn off many places, and the metal is wearing where the paint is gone. Scratches! It looks old. But it works! It was not refurbished. They did give me a new charger and cable, but I am now suspecting the battery is old and I have ordered a new one. I had only 30 days return on it. That is gone now. It is a risk of course. Life is a risk.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote