View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #9
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
I saw this and was curious also; I queried FLP a couple of days ago, and here is the reply I just received:

Quote:
Open ebooks are EPUB and PDF formatted ebooks that do not have DRM (digital rights management). This means that they are not locked down with publisher restrictions. They can be transferred to any device that supports EPUB or PDF files.

Just like our MP3 collection, they do not actually expire, but you are required to delete them from your device after the loan period is up.

This is a brand new collection for us and we are interested in seeing how it goes. It is the first time we have been able to offer some of these publishers, as well, so it expands our collections to new titles.

Thank you for your interest,

Jennifer R Wright
Assistant Chief
Materials Management Division
Free Library of Philadelphia
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote