View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #31
Arbait
Connoisseur
Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arbait ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage pocket eDGe,Pyrus mini, NOOK HD+, KAO, S6, S8, KP4, Note 10+
from diybookscanner.org
Re: Ionaudio Booksaver?
by LA2 » 37 minutes ago

I received my Ion Audio Book Saver today, have assembled the parts, and started to use it. You need a standard SD card, which is not included. There is a battery compartment for 4 AAA batteries, but you don't need batteries, since the device uses power from the USB connector. The unit produces JPEG images, just like a digital camera. There is no software included to produce PDF. (But we already have ScanTailor.) It produces 5 megapixel JPEG images that are 1.5 megabytes each, so even a 2 GB card will store over a thousand pages. When you click the scan button, the device beeps, then waits 4 seconds, then comes the first (artificial) shutter sound, then waits 3 more seconds, then the second shutter sound, then waits 3 seconds and beeps. In all, this creates a 10 second cycle per spread in addition to the time you need to lift the device and flip pages. These times were measured when using a SanDisk Ultra SDHC card, 8 GB, up to 30 MB/s. I don't know if a faster SD card could shorten the times. The beeps could be embarrasing in a library environment. I haven't found a way to make it silent.
Arbait is offline   Reply With Quote