View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
edembowski
Zealot
edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Nook Color, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
..I realize I cannot use the "Send to Device" because Calibre will not send to a Kindle. However, I have been getting the books to my Kindle using the "Save to Disk" feature.
I don't have a kindle, so I can't test any of this out, but the source code shows that Kovid is working on dorect kindle support. Take a look at "src/calibre/devices/kindle/driver.py"

Quote:
The problem comes up when I look at the book on my Kindle. It doesn't appear that any of the cover art or other meta data information copies over. So, except for management reasons on the PC, am I wasting my time trying to update the meta data on my Kindle using Calibre?

Sorry if this question has been asked (and answered) before, but I just wasn't able to find the thread.
My understanding is that Calibre does not change the source file in any way, but the meta data modifications will be included when converted to another format. For example, if you're starting with a .prc file, and convert it to lrf, tyhe lrf will show the author, isbn, etc. that you added. Today, Calibre does not convert from lrf to another format in the gui. There's an assortment of command line utilities to help with conversion as well as database manipulation.

- Ed
edembowski is offline   Reply With Quote