View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #15691
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I guess it was the lack of dramatic points that made me feel the book was less than what I had hoped for. Everything was just 'too expected.'

If anyone hasn't read it but plans to, don't read the spoiler.

Spoiler:
Once they announced the drawing, I knew whose name was going to be drawn. When it was foretold that the boy gave her food, I KNEW there would be a love aspect, KNEW they would team up eventually, I KNEW food and medicine would show up, and KNEW they would both survive.

Stitchawl
True, it's all very predictable

Spoiler:
(really, what had you, a seasoned reader, expected from this YA fiction other than crushes, lucks all the way, and happy ending?)

But it is still offers some thought-provoking points.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote