View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #68
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrosenwald View Post
As much as I appreciate the comment, all of our books are DRM free everywhere.
Not on Kobo, they're not. Every one of Beverle Graves Myers' PPP-published titles are listed as having the download option of "Adobe DRM ePub", and so were many others when I checked earlier.

This may have something to do with Kobo once having some sort of problem with auto-DRMing the books of publishers who'd made a commitment to DRM-free whenever possible, so you might want to talk to them about getting it fixed, since they do now offer DRM-free books and tell you which ones are in the catalogue listings. (This incidentally, being information that Amazon recently removed from their own catalogue listings, so I don't recall whether I ever saw any indication otherwise on the previous promo books there. And IIRC, Sony auto-DRMs everything as well, and Cory Doctorow had to fight to keep them from doing so to his books.)

I would love to be able to apply Kobo's sporadic discount coupons to the following books in series that I've enjoyed if they became DRM free there.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, and also for offering such nice introductory sale prices and bundled-format-without-DRM terms.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote