View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 05:17 AM   #76
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealjoeblow View Post
Just unzip the files from the archive into the .Kobo directory on your device, then eject it from the computer and it should instantly see the files and say "updating".

IE, your .Kobo folder will have whatever it already has in it (the Sqllite database, plus some other folders etc - in there goes KoboRoot.tgz, manifest.md5sum, and the "upgrade" folder...

Cheers
The REAL Joe
and thank you! Does that mean I do not have to do a factory reset?

I've calmed down a tiny bit after being extremely angry and disappointed about the new home screen (especially its ridiculous navigation). I don't dislike the new bottom bar as much any more, even though it is absolutely useless to me. (As stated many times above, I too prefer to have just one carousel. Two of them just makes clutter.) I am still overly frustrated however by the fact that all navigation has to go via the Home menu, instead of having everything ready for you to tap on right there on the home screen.

I will be downgrading to 1.9.14 and not upgrading until at least settings, library, reading life and store are back on the home screen like they were in 1.9.14.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote