Thread: PRS-T1 Stupid question...
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #8
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by curious View Post
Hi,

is there a hack out yet for the PRS-T1 to store books in nested folders ? I'd like to be able to store books by genre, author, series at the very least; the ability to create nested folders is basically a deal-breaker as to whether I buy one of these devices.

Surely without this feature a 32GB SD card full of books would be a nightmare to sort through, looking for the title you want ? Never having seen a PRS-T1 "in the flesh" I don't understand how the books are organised.

thanks in advance...
If you're a Calibre user you can create Sony Collections on the T1 by genre and/or author and/or series. You can also store books in nested folders. There is also a search function to look for books on the T1. None of this requires any hacking of your T1.

However, the T1 does not have a file explorer function as standard.

You should probably read the 'Rooting the T1' thread to see whether anything there takes your fancy.

Last edited by jackie_w; 11-09-2011 at 03:02 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote