View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #8
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by djgreedo View Post
Thanks everyone.

So if I get a PSP cable I can stick one end in the USB adaptor and the other in the round, yellow DC socket on the device and it should charge. That shouldn't be too hard.

But does anyone know why I can't charge it from the USB socket? What is the difference between the two power sources? Is there some actual 'talking' going on when I plug into a computer that doesn't happen from a wall socket? I've charged the device on my work PC before, and I don't have the drivers/software installed there.
There have been several discussions on USB to wall/mains chargers. This thread is just one of several.

I simpify charging by using both a Sony A/C charger made specifically for the PRS-505/700 and a PSP A/C charger. Yellow adapter goes through transformer and plugs directly into wall/mains. This gives a full, deep charge, in the shortest amount of time.

Hope it explains a few technical details.

WDE/
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote