View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 10:12 AM   #9
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Chunchgear still says this is the real device:
Quote:
The images that surfaced of the new Kindle in October are real - it’s a longer device but not as thick as the original Kindle, and fixes some of the button issues that plague users (like accidental page turns).
Some of us concluded that it had to be fake, because it is so poorly designed. However, I agree that the software is everything and I wonder how much of the new software will work on the Kindle 1.0? The Kindle 2.0 could have a significantly more powerfull cpu and more memory, and this would limit backward compatibility.
I wonder if Amazon is trying to live up to the reputation for "ugliest" reading device.

Thinner is good, but not essential. Longer is bad. There's too much *white* plastic around the screen; which wouldn't be such a bad thing if the eInk screen had a white background instead of a grey one. The frame needs to disappear rather than stand out.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote