View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSp View Post
I've been using a similar WiFi drive - the 500GB Seagate GoFlex Satellite. I use it among my Fire, Motorola Xoom tablet, a netbook, and a laptop. People have reported issues with it but I haven't had any problems. You can access it either through a Seagate app or a browser and it supports multiple, concurrent users.

I didn't see anything about it on the Kingston's writeup but there is generally a limitation with these devices - because they generate their own local network, you cannot access the Internet when connected to one of these. That's true with the Seagate, don't know on the Kingston.

Dave
Dave, I saw that there was an XDA-Developer thread on it, pointing to my blog entry, and I am testing a unit now.

I wrote there that "It provides its own WiFi network to which up to 3 devices can connect but also has an extra element that allows it to use a bridging mechanism to let your Kindle Fire be connected to the Internet and the Wi-Drive at the same time (not possible with the otherwise interesting AirStash with nice features of its own). You can be using media from the Wi-Drive while looking up something on the Net."

It is so straightforward I'm pretty amazed. But am seeing if it recognizes subfolders (the way the Kindle e-readers do when accessing files).
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote