View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 12:54 PM   #7
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I do that, actually, and indeed, using the yes/no/empty column. I find it essential to keep my redistributable and non-redistributable books separate, as my non-redistributable books are also DRM-free (Baen, O'Reilly, etc.) and I don't want to accidentallly give one away like I would, say, a book from the Baen Free Library. It did indeed take a bit of work when I first set it up (though selecting books based on publisher may help) but now, when I add books, I just set that field at the same time I'm cleaning up the existing metadata and adding my tags.

That said, it might be interesting, though not notably useful for me (since I don't buy or accept DRM-locked ebooks) to have a way of automatically flagging them. That won't solve the distributable/redistributable or paid/free problem, but it will at least be a handy marker for DRM status for those people who choose to contribute to the usage of DRM.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote