View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #7
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Another idea I got from Thoughcrime Experiments and from forum user pepak is use emphasis tags to make text regular typeface instead of italics.

I was working on a copy of Enter Without Desire by Ed Lacy that I downloaded from Munsey's, and there is a preface which is shown italicized, and then there is a word here and there which is shown in regular typeface for emphasis.

What I originally did was something like:

<em>...blah blah blah...</em>emphasized words<em>...blah blah blah...</em>

Which works but is very inelegant from the point of marking up text semantically.

If you put in some CSS that looks like this:

Code:
.preface {
    font-style: italic;
}

.preface em {
    font-style: normal;
}
then you can instead write:

<div class="preface">...blah blah blah...<em>emphasized word</em>...blah blah blah...</div>

which is a lot more satisfying.

Last edited by radius; 07-01-2009 at 06:11 PM.
radius is offline   Reply With Quote