View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Crossing the Rubicon into Kindle Land

I've been considering a new eReader for some time now and my first choice has been to stick with ePub and Sony. However, I had a hands-on with a Kindle Paperwhite today and was really impressed.

I've built up a collection of ePubs, many of which have been hand-tweaked for styling and structure and I would like to keep all this on my next reader. So my conversion question is quite general: if I convert these to AZW3 using calibre, is the formatting likely to be preserved?

For example:

1) Horizontal and vertical margins on headers and paragraphs, whether in em or pt.
2) Tables including borders.
3) Borders on DIV elements.
4) Multi-level TOC (like ePub's toc.ncx).

Are there any ePub features that cannot be converted?
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote