View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #11
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
PocketBook 301 is EXACTLY the same hardware, so it weighs the same.
Just the firmware is ... different.
Is the firmware better?

I'm thinking of getting a new reader myself, and browsing the threads on the various other machines I'm getting some shocks. A number of the features that I've taken for granted on my Cybook seem to be missing or dumbed down on other, often more popular, readers.

Things like lots of font sizes, multiple fonts, TrueType support so you can add your own, full text justification in ePub, good control over zoom in pdfs, including crop margins, thumbnail support.

It seems to me that we need an ePub feature comparison wiki. Most of the comparisons here centre around the hardware or format support, rather than the capabilities of the reader software.

Edit: Note I'm aware that some of these features are mentioned in the main comparison wiki; I just think a separate one going into a lot more detail and focussed on the format on each device would be helpful. For example, the features on the Cybook are different depending on whether you're reading ePub or Mobi.

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 03-05-2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Clarification
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote