View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Alright. Here's my brief report on this. The file opens fine in both ADE and Sony eBook Library. However, the PDF pages display at about 1/4 size and in the upper left corner of the window. Loading the file onto my 505 via USB results in an unopenable file. The title/author metadata is being read, but otherwise it thinks it's a 1 page file with no TOC. Attempts to open it throw up a 'Page Error!' message (took about a minute to get to that message the first time I tried opening it).

A cursory look at the guts of the file show that each PDF has about 30 fonts subsetted, which likely explains the relatively large size of each file. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any fonts can be unembedded using Acrobat Pro. I was hoping that if the PDF didn't have any fonts embedded in it that it might try to use the reader's available fonts via the res:///Data/ path (similar to Acrobat's Use System Fonts switch). Of course, had this worked it would then bring up the question of how to get users to install the correct fonts on their readers...But whatever, it didn't work.

I'll fiddle around with it a bit more and let you know if I see anything else.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote