View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 04:28 PM   #38
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLee View Post
I do have to admit that there are some things about paper books that possess a certain charm that eReaders may not be able to reproduce. Things like mis-aligned, faded text... The smell of old paper.... yellowing of pages, random left behind notes of a used book, the ability to rapidly flip through it... papercuts (actual, this one I can do without)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
that is a nice point, I didn't even think of that at first. But you are spot on. I always liked a little defect here and there in a book.
Seriously?

I think back to books with text so faded, I could barely read it against the text showing through from the back of the stupidly thin pages... books bought from used bookstores with library stamps on every few pages, or on the page edges... torn and missing pages... notes about something that was obviously important to someone else, but not to me. I don't consider any of these "defects" as positive additions to a book.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote