View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
No more 300k limit per flow on latest DE SDK ?

I've seen several reports that the new SDK doesn't force a 300k limit per flow anymore. Currently on the homepage, the review of the Cool-er states that the limit doesn't seem to apply anymore, I've seen a tweet saying that new PRS-505 devices didn't have this limit and when I tested the Cybook Opus, Michael from Bookeen said that as far as he could remember, such a limit doesn't exist anymore.

Is there any official confirmation about this from Adobe (Peter ?) or someone working with their SDK ?

What about the older PRS-505 and PRS-700 ? Will Sony provide an upgrade to disable the limit and enable justified text ? It would be a very bad thing to keep the market fragmented: some books (such as Ulysses) need to have flows that are longer than 300k and while we should continue to divide e-books into multiple flows as much as possible, it would be a good thing to get rid of this limit.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote