View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #35342
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I hope they take away her texting license!
Glad you are okay!
(hope every one was as well)
I only know that there was the T-boning because I saw it in my rearview mirror and heard the crash. She wasn't going particularly fast, but it looked like a bit of damage. Because of the 'left side of the road' driving, she hit the driver side of the car in the other lane. I don't know what the final results were. But this was in a busy shopping area in the middle of a new housing development. The police would have been on the scene within minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Remind me of my wife - one of her first driving experiences was reversing off her parents' drive right into a neighbour's car on the opposite side of the road. Loud music was the culprit in her case. Glad to hear you made it safely through, and plus one for your observational skills.
Most older motorcycle riders constantly play 'what if?' while riding. Here's the road ahead.. what if a kid runs out over there? Where would I go? Or, it looks like there may be a hidden side road up ahead... what if a car doesn't stop at the intersection? What would I do? The power lines look as if they are bending around a blind curve ahead. Which part of the lane should I be in to get the fastest information about what's coming? There is a Motorcycle Safety group on Facebook that puts up a daily photo of a road situation, and we all make comments about just what we're seeing and how we'd play it. I learn a lot that way, and it keeps me just a little bit safer. I regret that I have but one life to give for my pleasures.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote