View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 03:30 AM   #91
Ubermensch
Connoisseur
Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ubermensch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Ah, yes. I am quite happy with the result of this ruling.

How often do we hear Android users saying that the iPhone is a thing of the past and has been overwhelmed, yet the iPhone is still the best smartphone on the market in terms of quality. The only reason Android-powered smartphones cell more than iPhones is simple : price. People can't afford an iPhone so they buy a cheap plastic rip-off. Nowadays people who pay the premium price for an iPhone are people who want premium quality. If Android smartphones were more expensive than iPhones, only a handful of people would pay "premium price".

After just a few months my Galaxy S2 could barely make it through 4 hours a day. My wife is now running on her brand new second Galaxy S3 - the first one died - and after the first week she already had to take the battery out (tech support says it's a known issue). The camera on my friend's Galaxy (I'll have to ask for exact model name) is simply not working after just a few months of light use.

Trying to point out which smartphones by quantity is pretty much like comparing a Honda Civic versus a Ferrari. Not everyone can afford the latter, still it's undeniable that it's better than the former. It is also exactly like Windows & OSX. It's hard to compare because one is simply an operating system, the other one is part of a package-deal. Windows is crushing OSX in sales, yet the Macs have an undeniable customer base and the demand for Macbooks is only getting bigger and stronger.

It seems like most people in this thread are Android fanboys, therefore I do expect to be flamed hard. It's fine, but I just wanted to state my opinion.