View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 06:45 PM   #14
wdahab
wdahab began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I did contact Sony Connect and they were very helpful in setting me up with the original offer and I am very very happy with their customer service. So there is a happy ending. For people who think I was overreacting, well, that is perhaps a valid opinion though I don't agree. I personally don't enjoy being lied to and told one thing until it is too late and then being told that there is nothing to do about it. But of course everything worked out, so I am quite content now.

In my personal opinion, I still maintain that the original deal was better. Among other things, I do not particularly love the way that books are formatted by Connect. The margins are simply much to wide and the text too large. I love the way all of you great people who have devoted your time to format books yourself have done it. Thank you, of course. They also don't have a particularly large selection -- yet -- of classic books, it hardly rivals the size of quality books found here on mobileread. I might never find 100 of their books that I truly want to download. However, they have a wonderfully large selection of new releases that I really would like. Personally, my first too purchases are going to be The Prince of the Marshes as well as The Places in Between, both of which are being sold for decent prices. I am very likely to spend well past the $50 they are giving me on ebooks, which I am going to be very happy to do.

And of course, if you disagree with my feelings on the matter, well that is fine. I rather think I was right to be angry and that I am right to be very happy now. And now I'm going to start using book designer to get some good quality Hardy poems posted.
wdahab is offline   Reply With Quote