View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #22
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Richard Herley is giving away his books for free or accepting donations. I think his license is more like shareware if you read and like please pay.

=X=
I went to his site and there is a download page which makes no mention of payment (you can't pay through Feedbooks or Manybooks and he has them there too).

He then has a page called donations which says...
Quote:
If you choose to make a donation, the amount is of course entirely at your discretion. You might think a book is worth the price of a commercially offered ebook; or less, because the author's share of such a sale is so small; or more, because you really enjoyed it. Whatever your reasoning, all contributions will be most gratefully received!

PayPal's transaction charge is 20p + 3.4% of the total, taking a disproportionate bite out of very small sums, so if you are contemplating support on a book-by-book basis I would rather you sampled each one first.

At present exchange rates, £1 sterling is equivalent to about $1.60 U.S. and 1.15 Euros.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote