View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
KDP freebies:
And Kill A Lawyer by R.J. Jagger, another in his Nick Teffinger detective thriller series.
I haven't managed to read one of these yet, but I love the covers of the Jagger series, with their homage to 1950's pulp. Certainly an effective marketing tool to a specific niche market, since I've got a number piled up TBR. This one goes even a step further, since it looks like a scan of a shelf-worn copy.
Some day, I keep meaning to learn more about the cover artists and cover-market for ebooks. (There's a nice mention of a cover artist's work on JA Konrath's blog, linked from an appropriately titled thread a page or so below.) Even on lowest rung of the self-pub ladder, I'm pretty consistently impressed with the cover art. And, I'm bemused that authors (and sometimes publishers) seem to have a good understanding that the cover art is worth spending money on, but seemingly aren't convinced that the presentation of the "printed" words behind the cover is also worth spending money on.
Thanks for some cool picks, ATDrake!
KentE