View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 09:13 AM   #123
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I really believe the Baen model can work on a broad scale. We don't need NEA funding, wealthy patrons, in-book advertising, or any of the rest of it.
I agree with you entirely. That's why I always buy Baen's Webscription every month, regardless of whether or not there's anything in it that month that I particularly want. For me, the $15 is more a way of saying "good on you for doing the right thing"; the books are just a "bonus" .

One side-effect, however, of always buying the Webscription is that by doing so I've "discovered" some others who I'd simply never have read otherwise. Getting a "mystery package" of books each month certainly has benefits that way!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote