View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #13
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by rireed3 View Post
The nasty part of this is that Mobi-with-folders has been shipping on new machines since July as version 1.4.
So you're implying that Bookeen has been 'stiffing' their older-model customer since July? Way to go, Bookeen! Build that customer loyalty!

Now, yes, I *could* shell out $349 for a 'Gold' Cybook, but I could *also* shell out $269 for a fully-ePub-compliant Nook, or I could buy a PRS-600 or I could even buy a used BeBook and throw on OI firmware. Given that, *why* would I throw good money after bad to a company which has scorned me? I mean, it's quite clear that Bookeen is NOT making any attempt to keep their prior customers happy. So why should we (me and any other rational person) buy the Gen3 Gold? After all, as soon as some *other* feature set comes along, they'll just expect us to cough up Yet Another Ridiculously Large Amount of Cash for an essentially-the-same-hardware so we can get the added feature set.

Nope. Not gonna be that stupid.

Again I ask, anyone want a used 64MB Cybook Gen3?

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote