View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony.burton4 View Post
Can't use Search & Replace for this operation as the field does not appear in the list.

I'll repeat the scenario to avoid confusion.

I have 2 books, one marked with 5 stars, one with 2 stars.

I select both the books and open up the bulk edit screen.

The custom field I want to reset is currently displaying "unrated".
Attempt#1: I check the "Apply changes" checkbox next to this field and click Apply.
The data is unchanged.
Attempt#2: I set the field to 0 stars and check the "Apply changes" box and click apply.
The data is unchanged.

Anyway - I've found a workaround now - should have spotted this before.
If I set both books to 1 star and click apply, and then set it to unrated and click apply, the field is successfully set to unrated. I just can't go directly from a mixed result set to unrated for some reason...

Note a similar thing happens with text based custom fields too - however I use the search and replace with a "(.*)" regex expression to empty them so I've worked around the problem.

Using calibre 64 bit 0.9.16
Something is odd.
Anytime I set a value in a field, the box for that field automatically ticks.

Search and replace: Custom fields start with a # and usually appear at the top of the list
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote