View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 05:46 AM   #22085
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
. . . . . . .

In Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore or even the US, I can walk into a shop and buy a $15 phone and $10 worth of credits to use. It takes 5 minutes in the shop. If I want more credits, I just buy a refill sim card. . . . . . . . .

Stitchawl
Do you need ID? I swear this place is over regulated. Over here you would think the place was full of spies and terrorists. You need pretty good ID to buy a SIM card. But like guns, that only stops the average citizen. The crooks and baddies can just buy a stolen one.

Quote:
Point-of-sale: cash or cheque

If you are paying by cash or cheque, you must show the service provider either one of the Category A documents listed OR two of the listed Category B documents. These documents must be current.

Category A
current student card issued by a tertiary education institution
licence or permit issued under Commonwealth, State or Territory law - for example, a driver's licence
passport
Centrelink pension, benefit or health care card
birth certificate
a document that is recognised as a proof of identity under Commonwealth, State or Territory law - for example, a Keypass card.
Category B
credit, debit or ATM card (with your name and signature)
Medicare card in your name
passbook from a bank issued in your name
recent fixed network telephone bill issued in the last 12 months showing the name and address you have given the service provider
local council rates statement issued in the last 12 months showing the name and address you have given the service provider.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote