View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 01:35 AM   #13
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Check out the inexpensive Android tablets at vendors like Newegg. I just got one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834686007

The brand name is Avatar, but I've never heard of it before. I've had mine for two or three weeks now, and I'm very happy. The overwhelming number of reviews are good, but there are some reporting disappointment. I've got the Kindle and Nook apps installed and both work well. I just had a Skype video call with my daughter at college, other apps that I've tried work very well.

The only negative I have is wi-fi strength, which seems a bit low. That seems to be a common complaint for inexpensive tablets. The screen is not as bright or sharp as the specs would seem to indicate, but it's more than good enough for me -- I don't think it would serve for critical examination of photos, etc.

Basically, there were several makes/models in the under $100 range. This one seemed like a good bet, but the others looked good, too. All have their fans and detractors.

Good luck!

EDIT (3:06 EDT): Looks like the Avatar tablet will be a "Shell Shocker" special today, starting at 10:00 AM, PDT. I don't get a commission -- I just happened to notice.

Last edited by cromag; 04-08-2013 at 03:09 AM. Reason: Was looking over upcoming deals.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote