View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #26
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
I'm getting the feeling that your Kindle's flash memory is defective....
Hmmm... that is another possibility, but I doubt it. I would expect much more serious malfunctions in that case, like the entire framework crashing randomly.

That said, @dave: So it's really the actual *physical* files re-appearing in their original state on the partition after deletion? (as opposed to the Kindle thinking that it has some book, but not being able to open it... which would point to a corrupted database or something like that)?

Honestly, if the problem persists, my suggestion at this point is to perform a factory reset, followed by a complete reflash of the Firmware (Kubrick), followed by a reformat of the USB partition. Each of these steps resets a different "part" of the Kindle, so you may want to also retry after each step and see if the problem went away.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote