View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 01:51 PM   #15
Greymage
Greymage began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Wireless Reading Device
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear ALL:

I only know that on cars Consumer Reports is unfair, opnionated, and loves only foreign cars. They slant their stories to suit their desire. I remember how they HATED the Oldsmobile Aurora Classic. They ripped it to shreads. Horribly unreliable!

So, I bought a 1994 Oldsmobile Aurora Classic and put 200,000 miles on it with not a trace of any problem at all. Best car I ever owned.

Then I bought a GMC Canyon. CR rated it horrible and had not one nice thing to say about it. Rated "worse than average in every category". 85,000 miles and the little Canyon has been a gem. Rides great, plenty of torgue, great mileage, and NOT ONE PROBLEM!! Just LOVE every trip in it.

So, at least in my mind, CR is the problem and does slanted analysis to suit their goals.
The reliability ratings that CR has for cars come from the surveys that CR readers turn in. The fact that you got a good sample of one card is just luck.

We had a Pontiac Bonneville many years ago that went through 3 engines and two transmissions in the first couple of years... under warranty, but still a lot of downtime. After that it was no more GM cars for us. And after you've been in a foreign car you learn to like the ride and handling better.
Greymage is offline   Reply With Quote