View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #13
chel
chel began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Hi
I just joined today and I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem that I'm having with my Cybook. I purchased it last week as I have been after an ebook reader to complete my university reading list. I am an English and Philosophy student so you can imagine how many books I have to read and how little time I get to spend in one place.
What attracted me to the Cybook was the fact that it could be used on both mac and windows. I am primarily a Mac user but I use a windows machine at uni. I've tried charging it up over two consequetive days but I have been unable to get it to register on either. It did come up briefly on a windows machine at uni briefly but then the windows system crashed. When I tried it today it just came up with USB device not recognized. What's more I have never been able to get it to work on my mac.
I am at the stage where I am practically beating my head against a brick wall trying to get some sense out of it and posting here really was a last resort. I have tried emailing Bookeen but, as yet, have heard nothing.

I don't know if this is connected to the problem but the other problem I am having is that it says connected on the device even when it is not.

I can't even access the user manual to see what it says as my mac doesn't support the file.

What am I doing wrong?

Please help!!!!!!!
chel is offline   Reply With Quote