View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #210
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I've just bought another one this morning: readMe.
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/readme/id335763726?mt=8

I have sideloaded a bunch of books from various authors, and its cataloging seems very similar to that of Stanza... not exactly the same, but close. One point in its favour

Its configurable for colours, font and font size. Another point in its favour.

No obvious brightness controls built in, but if you save a low light theme and set that as your night theme, should not be toooo much of an issue. Minus a half a point.

Loading books: Sideload via itunes (easy) or Phoneview or similar (also easy).

Download from the web via the builtin web browser, or from your computer. There doesnt seem to be any support for ODPS catalogs, so your stanza catalogs wont work (or they dont seem to). The usual caveats for the computer upload via the builtin server... I haven't yet been able to get mine to work on any reader, regardless of whether its using calibre or not, and my computer and phone are on the same network (I have only one!). Several minus points for these issues.

I'm going to go hit the website for this lot at Unrealmojo and see whats what. This reader feels right, just needs a few tweaks.

[edit] I've just emailed them, and requested a few additional features. However... for my money, this one is really worth a look. Its $1.99 on the au store.

[edit #2] About to sideload a couple hundred books to see how it copes.

[edit #3] I think I better post this as a separate thread

Last edited by kyteflyer; 10-28-2011 at 10:10 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote