View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 12:31 PM   #133
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Thanks for sending this, and for the help with questions.

I've decided to drop the dictionary feature - too messy always trying to get all the information.

The good news is that it can be replaced with a preserve collection feature, and I've got it mostly worked out. Every time I'm about done, I find another scenario that needs to be dealt with So you'll be able to keep any collection on the Kindle that isn't being updated by Calibre, and to provide a list of names/patterns to always preserve on the Kindle. The current hurdle is dealing with someone who writes out the collections with prefixes, and then changes the prefix to see what happens - right now it duplicates the collections because they look like they are only on the Kindle. The preview function I've added to the next version helps with this, but its not sufficient.
You're very welcome. As for your current hurdle, I would probably be one of those prefix changing people. The only thing that I can think of (on my first cup of coffee) is to have a "delete all calibre-managed collections" to be run before making prefix changes. Not sure the best way to implement it, though. Or, make doing a collections rebuild a condition of changing the prefix. Or, (if this is possible) have a checkbox that enables the prefix changes but turns off the kindle-only collection preservation. As a user, I'd be willing to have that sort of trade-off of one feature for another.