View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 07:08 AM   #127
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by seaquay View Post
Folks, has anyone used a column built on other columns as a collection list?
It won't work, at least at the moment.

Testing this (and remembering to send the books with the new section/subsection/kindle columns to the device) shows me that the Calibre metadata is updated with the general column information.

Unfortunately, when using a custom column built from other columns with a template, Calibre only saves the template definition in the metadata.calibre file in the field 'display', and leaves the 'value' field blank. The plugin uses the 'value' field as the collection name.

Its possible that I could call the template parsing code to determine what the value should be - that wouldn't be for a while. Alternatively it could be considered a bug in Calibre - it should write out the value of the column as its known at the time it saves the metadata. Something we can ask Kovid.

I suspect there might be a similar issue with enumerated values - I haven't tested these and I can see that use the same display field to hold the template.