View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #10
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgoretrout View Post
OK
Heres what I did..for the Nuremberg.pdf file..

#!/bin/bash
filename="$1"
pdftohtml -xml "$NUREMBERG"
pdfreflow "${NUREMBERG%.pdf}.xml"
sed -i -e 'y//0123456789/' "${NUREMBERG%.pdf}.html"
ebook-convert "${NUREMBERG%.pdf}.html" "${NUREMBERG%.pdf}.epub"
Not sure what $NUREMBERG is, but I had it set up so that it would use whatever you added as first argument to the script. So if you saved the script as fixnumbers.sh you could put in:

fixnumbers.sh nuremberg.pdf

and it should work.

Quote:
But apparently I havent compiled the reflow thing right. I ran configure, then makefile.
It's just a script. No compiling is necessary. Just save the script in a text file and make it executable.

Quote:
Heres the output I got when I ran the above
-bash: ebook-convert: command not found
MacBookPro:~ wth$

My machine is called Macbookpro and wth of course is my home name.
Thanx for your help.
As Jellby says, ebook-convert is part of calibre. If it's in your path, it should find it. If not, well, if you remove that line, does it successfully create an html file? If so, you could try opening it in a browser and see if the numbers are fixed, and if so, manually import the html file into calibre for converting to whatever.

Last edited by frabjous; 06-25-2010 at 05:22 PM.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote