View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #16
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
goodreads has recommendations? LOL. I use adblock plus so don't see any adds on my main feed page.
I think the recommendations are only on certain pages. You see them when you click on a book to get more detail or something. I've seen them and I have adblock so I know they aren't all blocked. To get into the "recommendation" bucket though, a book has to have over 100 reviews.

I'm not so thrilled with this news. GR was a nice neutral site to talk books. And in the past Amazon has bought sites and let them completely languish.

Of course, I'm really most...distraught because it's one of the few places where my books can be recommended for nook readers, kobo readers and so on. Since so many authors went exclusive those few of us who didn't had kind of an edge/place where there were clans of non-kindle users on GR looking for bargain reads. Selfish of me, I know.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote